Coach is pleased. We do speed work around the elliptical cinders of the track. We run six miles and perform 10 400 meters sprints clocked at around a minute each in a row. The next day we run around the golf course and meet and Heading avenue where we sprint the entire duration of the block in under three minutes, rest and then sprint again the opposite direction.

 
We are getting faster. There is a ten day lull between Morton Invite and our next meet at Madison golf course vs. Richwoods.

Coach tells me to work on speed. Coach tells me that there should be no reason that I should not be able to break my cousin’s FROSH record of 17:20. He tells me to stay focused. He tells me to make sure I get eight hours of sleep every night, which mean s going to bed before nine since I get up at 4:30 for my route.

 He tells me that soon I’ll be walking into the pool atrium and see my name on the CROSS COUNTRY record board.

 I blush.

I want you to think about the race before you go to bed.  The race is yours, Von Behren.

The race is yours.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment