Mermaids singing each to each...


 



 
Renae tells me that no one is allowed to call her on thurs during Beverly Hills 90210 because that is when she tapes it along with Melrose place and then she takes a long shower and watches it again as she is falling asleep. Somehow I learn that Renae refers to her cadre of Limestone bandmates as :the gang” and the the ‘gang’ seems to have some sort of weird affinity towards British comedy, most noticeably Monty Python and the Holy Grail which Renae claims that she personally doesn’t have on VHS but always seems to watch it every time she goes over to Laura’s as some de facto sleepover ritual.




Somehow we talk to each other Mon, Tues and Thurs. Somehow even though we are lost in the  echoing vocals of each other’s anatomy we have not made plans to meet again. I call her after band and she calls me after Gross-Country practice respectively I tell her that I really enjoyed being with her. I tell her about my chance to achieve High School immortality by breaking the FORSH cross-country home record at my next meet .


“I really enjoyed watching school ties. I mean, Brendan Fraisier. He really has a nice ass.”

"Yes," I say, for some reason concurring, "He has a nice ass indeed." before I think to myself that perhaps I have finally found my mermaid I was looking for.









                                 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment