The night of my fight I call Renae.  I am thinking about the last time we kissed and I lifted her up and spun her around. I am thinking about how she kept laughing at everything David Best said to her when we were at the mall last weekend. I refrain from telling her all about my fight. She is telling me that it is only something like 69 days before she turns sixteen and gets her Drivers’ license.
 
I tell her that all I am doing is working on my speech for the pending Young Columbus 
 

I can’t figure out why Renae seems completely apathetic towards my quest to win the Young Columbus
 

Renae tells me that she has to go. Beverly Hills 90210 is about ready to air.
 

“It’s the first episode of the year. It’ll be interesting to see who Dylan chooses, Brenda or Kelly.”

“I choose you.”

I can feel Renae blush on the opposite end of the phone.

As is our routine we tell each other love you very fast before hanging up.


It will the last time I will ever tell Renae Holiday that I love her.

 


 
  

A year ago I was telling Dave Best jokingly to give my love to Renae.

No comments:

Post a Comment