It is raining fleck of ice. Reane is cold. She is wearing her leather jacket which is damp. The moment we exited Westlake cinemas the earth is unforgiving. It is biting us opening .
We draw each other closer. We can’t seem to blink without hoisting the other in other’s face. Even Kristie and Tim who are a season couple has a look that this is getting just a little bit excessive, people.In the icy December rain after the movie we just cannot stop getting enough of each other.  It is almost as if there is something new planted in our mouths every time  our lips slip open and  embrace. The rain is covering us both like a bridal veil somehow—both Kritie and Tim have sauntered away from the group and we remain, under the oriental garden, endeavoring to peel each other open in lieu from the lips down.
 


We are completely drenched. It is early December and it is raining but for some reason we are holding each other and we are warm.
Renae tells me that she is cold before offering intermittent whimpering sounds. She says that she likes being next to me. It keeps her nice and warm. It feels like we are skating. One second the snow is dandruff and the next it is diamonds. Everything is frosted over. Every fifth car in Westlake parking lot has a patron attacking the c happed glass of their windshield with the plastic tongue of a scraper.


Patrick is still nowhere in sight.  Hale is hanging out stating that his mom was going to pick us up
Kristie is going home with Tim. Renae makes an aside that it is 119 days until she gets her license and freedom, so to speak.

“I wonder what happened to Pat and Amy?” I ponder out loud.  Renae rolls her eyes and offers out a knowing Amy before muttering something unintelligible.
Hale seems like he doesn’t want to be here.  When I ask Hale if he liked the movie he said it was fine.  I can tell he is hurt that he is the only one without a date.  I tell Renae that I read in an article last week that Kurt Cobain purportedly despised this movie and refuses to have any of his music be a part of it when solicited by director Cameron Crowe

Renae stops me and we begin making out again.    


“Wait.” Renae says. Moisture in her hair.




            “I pull back. The back of manacled around her body. She nods her chin twice.


“I want to give you your Christmas present now.”


            “You don’t have to.” I say.


            “It means a lot to me.” She says

 

Renae hands me a gift. She apologizes that it's not wrapped The outside of the box has a name of a jewelry store in the mall I have tramped by dozens of time yet never gone into. I wonder what's inside. I wonder if she is trying to propose to me in reverse. As I open it up I see a gold bracelet. I hold it up. On the front of it in capital letter it reads TO DAVE followed by a colon. On the back it states in cursive Love Reane.

 "It's an identity bracelet." Renae says. "That way you can put it on and think about me."

I respond by saying that I love it. I respond by saying that I will wear it eternally. I respond by kissing the moisture in her hair, her cheekbones, her lips.

“Check this out,” I hold up the box that Renae gave me. I open it, explaining that it is an identity bracelet.
“Hale adds out a that’s nice. He then points to an idling station wagon in the parking lot.
“Hey, isn’t that your mom?”

No comments:

Post a Comment