Day 8: April 20th, 1993





The sun seems to stretch into the room in tangerine sentences of light.  I sleep next to her coat, periodically digging my nose in the interior like a beak, as if I am an ornithological specimen seeking worm-riddled sustenance to partially regurgitate and then feed to the young.The day is completely translucent. There is a spring air that enters the room with a subtle. The sound of traffic hushing by at all hours of the night is somehow lulling. Like when I stayed at O’hare two months earlier and fell in love with the tandem soundtrack of planes thrusting and the L-rattling by.

I go to sniff the coat again. Justin lets go of a rattled snore. I waltz past him, looking out the window of the Glouceaster

The television is showing pictures of tanks back in america.

 I exit the hotel room, her coat draped over my forearm in case I perchance to saunter into her over breakfast.

It is my eighth day of the sojourn.

It is time to fly.