I am drunk. Internally I discern that I should have allowed the champagne to cool instead of leaving it in the fridge for fifteen minutes. Puccini arias still achingly swell into the impressionist art adorning the walls of my bedroom. I snide I feel hurt. It is august. It is hot as fuck out. I try not to picture Harmony’s wedding. I try not to picture her gangsta brother with the long hair standing next to the registry and welcoming patrons as they arrive and smile and shake each other hands and welcome each other into the building. I try not to picture her mom entering the sanctuary with a pinned corsage, her tilted to the side wondering what happened to her little girl. I try not to picture Harmony spending seemingly hours scrutinizing every solitary optical facet of her almond colored feature between blinks. I wonder if her girl scout mentor is in the pew waiting for her protégé to arrive.

I think about all this as Mimi breaks out into an aria of pain and of hurt and the champagne I am drinking straight from the emerald esophagus of the bottle taking intermittent swigs.
I think about all this time how I have lost her.


                            



How I have lost her all over again  

No comments:

Post a Comment