I go back to the hotel room warmed by the flicker of Meg Weaver's smile.
 
Even though I just got off the phone with Harmony three hours ago I call her room before I leave for the lobby. I want to wish her good luck.

A voice picks up. It is a male. After I ask if I may please speak with Harmony

"She can't come to the phone. She's naked. We just got done doing it."
 
There is unisex confetti of laughter. I wonder if it is Jennifer Flood’s beau Bea.

“Beau seriously where is Harmony.”

There is a pause and there are more feminine giggles.

“No. She’s naked. We just finished having hardcore sex.”

There is more laughter from the opposite side of the phone.

I don’t know why Beau is messing with me. 

"No. Beau. I..."  

Suddenly I realize that it is not Beau. Suddenly I realize that it is a voice I have never heard before.

Suddenly I wonder if it is the person that Harmony asked my permission if she could dance with that night one the Thames.

When I get in the elevator I headed down towards the lobby I see Chris.

He says he just saw Harmony coming back from breakfast.

He says that she was walking with some guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment