He is packing. He is finding his way back home




He is packing. He is finding his way back home.


I am placing everything into the Nylon suitcase that Grandma bought me one final time. I keep the book for my mom and sheet music in the coniferous green Harrods bag. I pack the miniature knights I purchased for Tim and Pat and the Horsshoe I bought for Hale with the words ENGLAND emblazed across it in the bottom right of my suitcase.  I am down to one roll of film. I placed the used film the bag that Aunt Jan gave me stating it is safe to go through x-ray customs and place it in the bottom of my luggage. I have the Hard Rock cafĂ© London t-shirts for my sisters. Every place we have stopped of note   I have a souvenir program guide. The Crown Jewels. Windsor and Warwick and Blenheim. Madame Tussuads. St. Pauls cathedral that I still can’t believe I talked with an older gentlemen who studied at Bradley and did his student teaching in Pekin Illinois.  I have smaller church bulletin brochures for Bath Abbey and a Shakespeare exhibit we frequented the first day. I have a pamphlet for Ravens watching at the Tower of London.  I have my the DEPECHE MODE SINGLES tape  I bought the very first day while it was raining. It seem hard to believe but I still have over 100 bucks in travelrs cheques and fifty dollars British pounds.

I have my running shoes and my Manual CROSS COUNTRY jacket. I have the outfit I will ear tonight plus the outfit tomorrow where I will spend all day traveling back home. My suitcase emits ruffled farting sounds as I zip it back up and wheel it over near the door.

Justin is pulling a Mark and Denis at Shuttleworth’s stating thathe is going o take all the  soap and shampoo in the bathroom. I tell him not to take the towels. I don’t want to be charged.
My suitcase zips up emitting little farting sounds as vinvyl closure. I zip it up into taut-lipped 

Justin takes his suitcase and places it on my bed.

“Remember you asked if you can have the bed closest to the window the last night.  Tonight’s the last night.”

Justin said that he hadn’t forgotten the pact we made our first night in the Gloucester.



He tells me that he is a man of his word.

                                                           \

No comments:

Post a Comment