Mercy in You





The fourth track is Mercy in you off the album which is the color Lent and it is only Harmony who somehow can redeem me. It is only Harmony. It is her auburn hair dripping past both shoulders like an autumnal mermaid, it is only Harmony who hails from someplace called Spokane Washington. It is only Harmony whose name is synonymous with peace on Earth, it is only Harmony who I feel (honestly at the time) that I won the trip simply to find, to sip from the carafe of her intelligence it is only Harmony, Harmony who I broke up with Renae for, Harmony who I knew somehow I would find, Harmony whose smile would audibly click into every fraction of my psyche like a lego,

It is Harmony. It is the girl I can’t stop thinking about. It is the girl who one second is serious and the next is giddy and coquettish and the next has her roommate talking dirty to me. 

It is Harmony.

Somehow I have found her after all this time. Somehow I can see her cradling her arms around my torso on the dance floor next to the church where Shakespeare is buried. Somehow I can feel her gnawing into my ear the moment I dial the her number and somehow, Jennifer Flood telling me one sec hold on, hearing Harmony’s voice.
.

It is Mercy. It is her voice. It is holding me. It is giggling. It is smiling. It is the resonance of her lips. It is Mercy. It is redeeming me, it is telling me that somehow, after all this time, everything is going to be okay.



No comments:

Post a Comment